- To fix cast to device not working -> Restart your router and make sure that cast to device is enabled or not.
- Quick fix: Clear cache and clear data of cast app and Perform power reset and restart your sony smart tv.
- Try updating your sony smart tv to latest software.
- How to fix Cast to Device Not Working on Sony Bravia
- Connect Wifi to Same Network
- Check Google Cast Receiver app is Enabled or Not
- Restart your Wireless Router
- Clear Cache and Clear Data of Cast App
- Reset your Sony Smart tv
- Restart your Mobile Phone
- Update Sony Smart tv to fix Cast to Device Not Working
- Check time and date settings (correct time)
- Why cant i cast to my tv anymore
- Sony Bravia Chromecast problem?
On your Sony Bravia tv and you are unable to cast it from your mobile to tv or casting from iPhone to sony tv or iPad to Sony and you tried all the ways and still not working so here are some solutions to fix the issue.
You can experience Sony smart TV not showing up to cast or Chromecast not working then you can fix this issues of casting or screen mirroring on Sony tv by just performing power reset or hard reset.
How to fix Cast to Device Not Working on Sony Bravia
Follow below steps to fix cast to device not working issue.
Connect Wifi to Same Network
Ensure that your mobile or tablet and tv are connected to the same wifi network and you enter the correct password and also make sure that your password is correct.
Check Google Cast Receiver app is Enabled or Not
Ensure chrome cast in built or google cast receiver app is not enabled or not. If you want to check it go through the steps
Step 1: Firstly, open your settings screen.
Step 2: After that go to Apps option followed by see all apps next shows system apps.
Step 3: Next choose chrome cast built-in or google cast receiver followed by enabled or disabled.
Restart your Wireless Router
Restart your wireless router, for this unplug router from its power and wait at least 3 minutes and again reconnect it.
Clear Cache and Clear Data of Cast App
Clear cast function app data, for Android System webview and chrome cast built in
Step 1: Open your settings screen
Step 2: Next, choose apps followed by see all apps then show system apps and cast function apps.
Step 3: Choose Clear Data, Next tap on Ok.
Also Read: 1) Can’t Connect VIZIO Soundbar to Smartcast App
2) How to Cast Disney Plus on Apple tv
3) How to fix Smart Cast Not Working on VIZIO smart TV
4) How to Cast Roku From Your Phone to Smart tv
5) Cast Disney plus to VIZIO Smart tv Smartcast and Wirelessly
Reset your Sony Smart tv
Then perform a reset operation to your tv. If you failed with this step, next go to restart.
Step 1: Press Home button -> Settings -> Device Preferences.
Step 2: Select Reset and confirm reset sony bravia smart tv.
Restart your Mobile Phone
Restart your mobile phone. For sometimes turn off your mobile and wait for at least one minute and turn it back again. Else you can go for updating tv software.
Update Sony Smart tv to fix Cast to Device Not Working
If you still facing the issue then go with the latest software upgradation, for this go to settings and check for any updates required to perform it. Steps for updating software.
Step 1: On your remote control press home button followed by settings
Step 2: From settings Choose device option followed by preferences.
Step 3: After that go with about option followed by system update
Check time and date settings (correct time)
Ensure that both your tv and mobile device has correct time settings
Why cant i cast to my tv anymore
You need to update your Sony tv to the latest software and you need to connect to same wifi network on your smart tv and on your mobile or laptop or iPhone and make sure both devices are connected to same wifi.
Sony Bravia Chromecast problem?
Make sure you have enabled google Chromecast built in app and restart your router or modem and wait for 30 seconds and turn on router or modem and reset your router. If there are network connectivity issues then you will experience Sony bravia Chromecast problems.