- To delete Hiberfil sys on windows computer -> open command prompt as administrator -> enter powercfg -h off and hit enter.
- Go to control panel settings -> Open power options -> Click on choose what the power option does and turn off and uncheck hibernation option here.
If you are seeing a hiberfil sys file on your windows computer is taking space and wondering if you can delete Hiberfil sys or not then you can safely delete it and there is no harm in deleting this file.
Hiberfil sys gets generated and store system information if your computer uses hibernation mode when it is turned on and you can disable Hiberfil sys.
What is Hiberfil sys on Windows computers?
Hiberfil.sys is generated by windows 11 or 10 computers is generated during the hibernation process and when computer wakes up from hibernation mode then this file gets created as soon as you delete it then it will be regenerated by windows again and you need to disable hibernation mode by running a simple command on your windows computer and Hibernation files will get back your computer from previous state.
Disable or Delete hiberfil.sys and What it is
Follow below method to disable hiberfil sys on windows 10 or 11 computer.
Step 1: Click on windows search and type in cmd
Step 2: Right click on cmd and run as administrator and click on yes in user account control pop up window.
Step 3: Now, in the elevated command prompt -> powercfg -h off and hit enter and this will disable hiberfil sys and turn off hiberfil sys.
That’s it, this is how you disable or delete hiberfil sys file on your windows computer and turn it off.
Using Control Panel Settings
Step 1: Click on windows search and type in the control panel and open it.
Step 2: Change category view by to -> large icon on right side view settings.
Step 3: Click on Power Option
Step 4: On the left side menu -> click on choose what the power option does.
Step 5: Now, uncheck the option next to hibernation.
This is how you disable and turn off hibernation mode and hiberfil sys on windows 11 or 10 computer.
Is it safe to delete Hiberfil sys and pagefile sys?
You can safely delete hiberfil sys file or page file sys from your windows computer and if you want you can disable and turn off these hibernation feature and this doesn’t harm your windows computer and the file gets regenerated by windows automatically.
To free up Hiberfil sys you need to disable the hibernation feature on windows computer and delete hibernation using command prompt or by going to power option settings in control panel.
Open command prompt as administrator and run powercfg -h off and hit enter and restart your windows computer
- Divya is Content Writer and Author and also Reviews Technology Related Articles and Editorial Expert Team Member at A Savvy Web for more than 5 years.
- She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and Master of Technology (Mtech) From Kakatiya University.
- She has an Expertise in Providing Troubleshooting tips and fixes (solutions) and how to articles and helps to solve issues on Technology Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Windows, All Smart tv’s and other tech related information.