- Open Edge Browser -> Click on 3 dots on top right corner and select Settings -> Click on Start, Home and New Tabs and Select option Open in new tab page.
- Open edge browser and in edge browser profile settings page -> Profiles -> Import Browser data -> Turn off import browser data on each launch.
On your windows computer when you start your windows computer and multiple tabs on the edge browser keeps opening on startup then you can easily stop edge browser opening multiple tabs and it makes internet browsing difficult on edge browser and by just following these simple solutions. So, let’s see in detail below.
Multiple Tabs in Edge keeps opening on startup on Windows 11 or 10
Below Edge browser troubleshooting methods will help you get rid of multiple tabs keeps opening on startup on windows 11 or 10 computer and stop opening multiple tabs on edge browser.
Change Edge Browser New Tab Settings
- Open Microsoft Edge Browser on your computer.
- Click on 3 horizontal dots on the top right corner of the edge browser.
- Hover your mouse to settings and Click on settings.
- On the left side pane -> Click on Start, Home and New tabs.
- Now, on the right side select the option Next to Open the new tab page.
Once you change the edge browser option to open the new tab page, then your issue of edge browser keep opening on startup issue will be resolved and stop edge opening multiple tabs.
Change Edge Browser Profile Settings
- Launch edge browser and click on 3 dots on top right corner.
- Click on Settings
- On left side window pane -> Click on Profiles
- On right side -> Click on Import browser data
- Click on import browser data each launch
- Now, click on Turn off next to import browser data on each launch and turn it off and Confirm in the Pop up box.
Once you change these import browser data on each launch and turn it off then you need to go ahead and relaunch edge browser and your issue of multiple tabs in edge browser opening on startup will be resolved successfully.
Why multiple tabs open automatically in Microsoft Edge?
This can be due to edge browser settings on your computer or if there is any malware or virus infected on your edge browser then you can see edge browser opening multiple tabs and opening different websites or search engines which is a virus or malware infected microsoft edge browser.
How to stop links opening in Microsoft edge
If you want to stop links opening in microsoft edge browser then you need to change default browser settings and change it to open in chrome browser or mozilla or any other default browser.
- Click on Start menu and Search for default apps
- Search for chrome browser or any other browser and select it to use this browser as default one.
Once you change default app settings on windows computer then links will not open in microsoft edge by default on windows 11 or 10 computer.
Run a malware scanner like malwarebytes and change edge browser new tab opening settings in edge browser profile settings and select open new tab opening.
- Swathi is Content Writer, Author Editorial Team Member at A Savvy Web and She writes about technology troubleshooting guides and helps users to solve issues easily. She has expertise in this area for more than 2+ years of experience.
- She completed her Post Graduation and has an interest in Computers, Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, Smart tv.