- Check internet connectivity issues and make sure you are connected to wifi internet and restart your router or modem.
- Change Screen time settings and change restrictions settings and allow app store in screen time settings to install apps.
- Sign Out of apple id and login again using apple id and go to app store and download apps from apple store on mac.
- Apps Not Downloading From App Store on M1 MacBook Pro or Air
- Poor Internet Connection
- Restart Your Router
- Check Billing Address Details Are Correct
- Turn off Screen time and Check Restriction Settings
- Allow Apps to Install From App Store
- Logout and login to Apple ID
- Why Apps not downloading from app store on M1 MacBook Pro or Air
On your M1 MacBook Pro or M2 MacBook pro or air mac when you are trying to download apps from app store and you are unable to download apps from Apple store then you can easily install apps from app store on m1 macbook pro or air and cant open or install apps on Apple app store or app stuck downloading mac easily on M1 MacBook pro M2 MacBook pro or air. So, let’s see in detail below.
First thing you need to make sure before downloading apps from the app store is that you are connected to wifi internet connection and you are having enough storage space to download apps from the apple store or billing address or screen time restrictions.
Apps Not Downloading From App Store on M1 MacBook Pro or Air
Below MacBook troubleshooting methods will help you fix apps not downloading from app store on M1 or M2 MacBook Pro or Air easily.
Poor Internet Connection
Make sure your MacBook is connected to wifi and having strong wifi internet connection and not having any wifi connectivity issues on MacBook pro or air.
Restart Your Router
- Unplug router cable from wall socket
- Wait for 30 seconds and plug back router cable and wait for your router to completely turn on.
- Now, go ahead and connect your MacBook to wifi and then go to apple store and download apps from apple store.
If you are having internet connectivity issues then by just restarting your router or modem will fix the issue of Apps not downloading from app store on M1 macbook Pro or Air and you will be able to download apps from apple store.
Check Billing Address Details Are Correct
- Click on Apple logo on top -> Click On System Preferences
- Click on Apple ID
- Click on Media and Purchase -> Click on Manage on right side
- Click on Sign in to view and enter your password and all your billing address will be seen here.
- Click on Edit and enter your billing address and check your billing address is correct if you have already enter billing address.
Once you enter billing address correctly and add your billing address on your apple id on macbook then go ahead and try to download apps and you will be able to download and install apps from apple store on your m1 or m2 macbook pro or air.
Turn off Screen time and Check Restriction Settings
- Click on Apple logo on top -> Click on System Preferences
- Click on Screen time -> Click on content and Privacy settings
- Click on Stores Tab.
- Check Allowed content and select Apps to install by everyone by changing settings to allow all apps.
- Click on Turn off on top and turn off screen time.
Once you turn off screen time and change restriction settings, then open apple store on mac and search for any app and try to install app and app will download and install it on your macbook pro or air.
Allow Apps to Install From App Store
- Click on Apple logo -> Select System Preferences
- Click on Screen time and Select Always allowed on left side menu
- On the right side -> Check the button next to App Store.
If you don’t allow app store here in screen time settings, then you won’t be able to install apps on your macbook pro or air.
Logout and login to Apple ID
If none of the method helps, then you need to logout of your apple id on your macbook pro or air and then login to your apple id on macbook and then try downloading apps from app store on mac.
Why Apps not downloading from app store on M1 MacBook Pro or Air
This can be due to poor wifi internet connection and due to billing address or your apple id issues or not having enough storge space on your macbook pro or air to download apps or due to screen time restriction settings and allow app store to install apps in screen time or turn off screen time.
You need to check with restriction settings in screen time and connect to wifi network and check with your billing address on your apple id and if you wont add billing address then you can see issues with app store on macOS Monterey or any MacOS Ventura, Big Sur etc.
Reboot your MacBook and check you are connected to wifi and make sure that you are having enough storage space on your mac and update application.