- Update both your iPhone and M1 MacBook pro or air to the latest software update and both devices are connected to the same wifi internet network and check with airplay compatibility and system requirements.
- Turn on Airplay on iPhone and M1 MacBook Pro or air and change firewall settings and turn it off and try airplay from iPhone to MacBook and it will get connected and start mirroring your iphone to macbook pro or air.
- Fix Airplay Not Working or Not Connecting from iPhone to M1 MacBook Pro or Air
- Update Your MacBook and iPhone to Latest Version
- Turn on Airplay on iPhone
- Turn on Airplay on M1 MacBook Pro or Air
- Turn off Firewall on M1 MacBook Pro or Air
- Airplay from iPhone to M1 MacBook Pro or Air
- Check with M1 MacBook Compatibility
- Why Airplay Not Connecting or Not Working from iPhone to M1 MacBook Pro
When you are trying to connect your iPhone to M1 MacBook pro or air and you are having issues connecting and iPhone airplay not connecting to MacBook pro or air and not working then you can fix this issue easily on your own. So, let’s see in detail.
Many users experience this issue when they airplay from iphone to macbook pro and first thing you need to try is that you are connected to the same wifi network and your both devices software are updated and updated to the latest version.
Fix Airplay Not Working or Not Connecting from iPhone to M1 MacBook Pro or Air
Below methods will help you fix airplay not working when connecting from iPhone to MacBook pro or air.
Update Your MacBook and iPhone to Latest Version
If you are running an older software version of iPhone or macbook then this issue can happen.
First, you need to try to go ahead and update your M1 MacBook Pro or air to latest version and also iPhone iOS to latest version iOS 16 or later and then try to connect your iPhone to MacBook pro or air using airplay and it will connect without any issue.
Turn on Airplay on iPhone
Step 1: Go to Settings on iPhone
Step 2: Open General Settings
Step 3: Tap on Airplay and Handsoff
Step 4: Tap on Automatically Airplay to tv’s option and tap on Automatic.
Step 5: Now, go back one step and turn on hands off feature as well.
Turn on Airplay on M1 MacBook Pro or Air
Step 1: On top left corner -> Click on Apple logo on your Macbook
Step 2: Click on System Preferences
Step 3: Click on Sharing option
Step 4: On left side menu -> Check the box Airplay Anywhere option
Step 5: On right side menu -> Anyone on the same network or click on everyone option.
Step 6: A pop up window will appear and Simple click on Allow
Once you turn on airplay on both iphone and m1 macbook pro or air then your issue of airplay not working on m1 macbook pro or air or not connecting from iPhone to macbook pro or air issue will be resolved successfully.
Turn off Firewall on M1 MacBook Pro or Air
Step 1: Click on Apple logo on top left corner.
Step 2: Select System Preferences
Step 3: Now, click on Security.
Step 4: Now, In Security settings -> Click on Firewall tab
Step 5: Click on lock button at bottom.and enter your macbook password to make changes to firewall settings
Step 6: Now, click on Turn off firewall and close security settings windows.
Now, once you turn off firewall and change firewall settings on M1 Macbook pro or air, then you can connect your iphone to macbook pro without any issue and it will connect easily and airplay from iphone to m1 macbook pro or air.
Airplay from iPhone to M1 MacBook Pro or Air
Step 1: Grab your iPhone and Tap on photos or videos that you want to share on your M1 MacBook pro or air
Step 2: Select the video or photo and tap on share button on bottom and Scroll down and select airplay
Step 3: On bottom you will be able to see your M1 macbook pro or air and simply tap on it.
Step 4: Now, On your macbook you will get a Airplay notification and simply click on Allow and airplay code will be displayed on your M1 MacBook pro or air.
Step 5: Enter the code on your iPhone and tap on Ok and your iphone will start screen mirroring and it will airplay from your iPhone to M1 Macbook pro or air.
That’s it, this is how you connect or start airplay from iphone to m1 macbook pro or air on MacOS Monterey or MacOS ventura or any older macOS from any iphone iOS.
Check with M1 MacBook Compatibility
If you are still having issues connecting your iPhone to M1 macbook pro or air then you need to check with compatible devices and check with system requirements and you may be having system compatibility issues.
Why Airplay Not Connecting or Not Working from iPhone to M1 MacBook Pro
If you both devices (iPhone and macbook) are not updated to latest software update or if you are not connected to same wifi network and if you turn off airplay on any one device or if firewall is enabled then your airplay will not connect when you airplay from iphone to macbook pro or air.
Check with system requirements and airplay compatibility mac Models and every mac that runs on macOS will not be compatible to run.
Click on Apple logo -> System Preferences -> Sharing -> Check the box airplay receiver and select everyone or anyone or same network.
- Rajeshwari is Senior Content Writer, Author, and Also Senior Editorial Team Member at A Savvy Web and She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and (Master of Technology) Mtech from JNTU and is a real time expert. She writes about technology guides and troubleshooting guides (tips and Solutions) and helps users to solve issues easily. She has expertise in this area for more than 5+ years of experience and enthusiastic to provide troubleshooting tips and fixes and how to articles on Tech Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Smart tv and other tech related solutions and easy methods to fix.