- To fix Apple watch not connecting to wifi make sure you turn off airplane mode and turn it off again and try to forget wifi and connect apple watch to wifi.
- You need to update your Apple watch and iPhone to the latest version.
Mainly, Apple watch connection with Wi-Fi depends on iPhone, until you use Apple watch series 3 LTE model. First two models can’t independently use Wi-Fi networks. When you try to connect apple watch to wifi some times it will not connect and you can also connect your airpods to apple watch as well. Here we are not concerned about connection, but disconnection as many users find difficulty that their Apple watch won’t connect to Wi-Fi.
To fix the problem, here some solutions are provided, this solution can be applied to all series of allow watches not connecting to Wi-Fi. You can also use both bluetooth in the absence of Wi-Fi, if your using the latest model of Apple.
Here are some tips to be followed, before Apple watch connecting to Wi-Fi
- Watch will not connect to 5Ghz Wi-Fi
- You can notice Wi-Fi icon in the control centre, if your watch is connected to a compatible Wi-Fi network.
- When you are using Apple watch series 1&2 you can’t connect it to public network, because it needs profiles, logins and subscriptions.
- It only connect with 802.11b/g/n 2.4 Ghz
Solution:1 Turn off Airplane Mode
Step 1: Firstly put your iPhone in airplane mode. For this go to settings on your paired iPhone.
Step 2: Now check your Apple watch have connected to Wi-Fi
Step 3: Then, turn off airplane mode in your iphone
Solution:2 Forget Wifi and Connect
Step 1: First press and hold the side button till you see a power off slider on the watch face, then swipe on that slider.
Step 2: Now go to settings, followed by Wi-Fi & current Wi-Fi network and click on ‘i’ next forget this network
Step 3: Next, connect your iPhone to 2.4Ghz network and turn ON bluetooth
Step 4: By pressing and holding side button of your Apple watch, you can turn on your Apple watch power
Also Read: 1) What is Red Dot on Apple Watch
Update your iPhone and Apple Watch
Open Settings app -> General -> Tap on Software Update -> If Update is avaialble go ahead and update it to the latest version of iOS
Solution: 3 Connect Apple watch with Hotspot
Now connect Apple watch series 3 with a cellular network. This can happen only with Apple watch series 3.
Solution: 4 Update your Apple Watch
- Put your iPhone and Apple watch side by side
- Next, connect iPhone to Wi-Fi network and turn ON bluetooth
- Finally, restart your Apple watch and iPhone
- If you still have any issue then you can contact Apple support team
That’s it, by following above steps your apple watch not connecting to wifi will be fixed successfully.