- To lock a folder on MacBook pro or Air on Monetary -> You need to open utilities and then select a new image and create a new image from folders and set a password and verify password and lock folders on your MacBook using utilities.
- To open locked folder on MacBook pro or air using utilities -> Open the disk image that you have locked and enter password and locked folder on Mac will open and view files.
- To close locked image folder on MacBook MacOS Monterey -> Right click on the locked folder image file and then click on eject to properly close locked folder image file.
- Lock a Folder on MacBook Pro or Air Monterey
- Open locked Folder on MacBook Pro or Air on MacOS Monterey
- Copy files from Locked Folder on MacBook Pro or Air on MacOS Monterey
- How to Close Locked folder when Opened with Password Correctly
- How do you password protect a folder on a Mac without Disk Utility?
- How do I lock a folder in Big Sur Mac?
On your MacBook pro or air with macOS Monterey if you want to password protect folders on mac then you can easily do that using disk utility opinion and create a password protected disk image using 128 bit AES encryption and 256 AES Encryption. So, let’s see in detail below.
Password protecting folder mac disk utility is pretty easy and straightforward and all you need to do is create a disk image and set a password and wait for your MacBook to create disk image and you can easily open a locked folder on your MacBook pro or Air and view locked folders on your MacOS Monterey and lock folders on Mac Monterey with password without any software.
Lock a Folder on MacBook Pro or Air Monterey
Below methods will help you lock folder on macbook pro or air on MacOS Monterey with a password and hide your personal information
Step 1: Open spotlight search on your MacBook pro or air
Step 2: On top menu -> click on New Image -> Click on Images from Folder
Step 3: Now, choose the folder that you want to lock and select the folder and click on choose at the bottom.
Step 4: In Where option -> Select the folder where you want to save like Desktop or any other location on your macbook pro or air (macOS Monterey).