- To open Rar files on MacBook Pro m1 or Air on MacOS Monterey -> You need to install a rar file opener like the unarchiver, rar file opener or any rar file extractor.
- MacBook M1 pro or M1 Air MacBook doesnt have support to extract rar file and if your rar file contains virus then it will throw an error like contains any malicious software or virus.
On your macBook M1 Pro or Air if you have downloaded rar files then you need to extract it on your macbook and view and open rar files on macbook M1 pro or Air on MacOS Monterey or BigSur, Catalina or any MacOS and when you try to open rar files then it says “There is No Applications set to open this document .rar file” and you can open this rar files on macbook with macOS monterey and also unzip software for mac free download from app store. So, let’s see in detail below.
By default macOS Monterrey doesn’t have support to open rar files and you can also extract rar files on the mac using a terminal and open rar files on mac without downloading software and sometimes you may also get an error message “unrar” can’t be opened because apple cannot check it for malicious software if the downloaded software contains any malicious software or virus and unzip software for mac free download.
How to Open RAR File on MacBook Pro M1 and Air
Below methods will help you extract rar files on macbook pro m1 or Macbook Air and unrar files on macbook.
Step 1: Open App Store on Your MacBook M1 Pro or Air
Step 2: On the left side search bar in the app store -> Search for rar file opener and hit enter.
Step 3: Select any of the rar file opener and click on Get button and wait for your Macbook to install unarchiver – rar file opener on your Macbook.
Step 4: Once you install the unarchiver app or any other rar file opener then go ahead and Right click on the rar file and select open with the unarchiver.
Step 5: Now, it will ask you for the location where you want to save files of the rar file.
Step 6: Select the save location of rar files on your computer and click on Extract and wait for the unarchiver to extract the files.
Step 7: Wait for the unarchiver app to extract files and once done you will see a new folder of the rar files on your MacBook saved location.
That’s it, this is how you open rar files on your MacBook pro or MacBook air m1 with MacOS Monterey.
You Might Also Like
How to Fix unrar can’t be opened because apple cannot check it for malicious software
When you try to unrar your file on your MacBook pro or air m1 and getting an error message ““unrar” can’t be opened because apple cannot check it for malicious software.” and unable to extract rar file on your Mac then this is due to the rar file containing malicious file and contains virus which can harm your macbook and it will extract files containing virus or malware and you need to turn on firewall and antivirus to extract rar file containing virus.
Best Unrar For MacBook Pro M1 or Air
There are many unrar software available on Apple store to extract and unrar your rar files and here are the few of them to extract unrar files on Macbook for macOS monterey or Bigsur or MacOS Catalina.
iZip for Mac.
B1 Free Archiver.
StuffIt Expander Mac.
RAR Extractor Free
And few the unarchiver are for free and you can also have paid versions and trail versions of unrar software as well to open rar files on your Macbook pro m1 or air.
Why Cant my Mac open RAR files
You can’t open rar files by default and MacOS doesn’t support and does not have any default application on MacOS Monterey and you need to install the unarchiver app or any rar file opener to extract rar files on your MacBook Pro Air.
- Divya is Content Writer and Author and also Reviews Technology Related Articles and Editorial Expert Team Member at A Savvy Web for more than 5 years.
- She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and Master of Technology (Mtech) From Kakatiya University.
- She has an Expertise in Providing Troubleshooting tips and fixes (solutions) and how to articles and helps to solve issues on Technology Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Windows, All Smart tv’s and other tech related information.