- To Change user folder name on windows 11 -> Log in to windows 11 computer using administrator and go to C drive username folder -> Right click on the username and change it.
- Once you Change the username folder -> Go to Registry editor profile list path and select the username and rename it here as well.
- If you changed only username folder in c drive user folder then the username will not change and it will appear in command prompt.
On your windows 11 computer if you want you can easily change user folder name or username and when installing windows it will ask you set the username and it will take username as user folder name and it will create automatically and you can change user folder name on windows 11 easily. So, let’s see in detail below.
On windows 11 computer you need to login as administrator and have administrative privileges to change user folder name or user name on your windows 11 computer and modify registry editor and chang user name folder or user name on windows 11.
VD - Disabled
Change user folder name Windows 11
Below methods will help you change user folder name on your windows 11 computer.
Step 1: Login to your windows 11 computer with Administrative Privileges.
Step 2: Click on File Explorer on your windows 11 computer
Step 3: Click on This PC and Go to users folder
Step 5: Right click on the username folder that you want to change and select Rename
Step 6: Rename the username folder here and change user name folder and hit enter.
Step 7: Now, In windows search type registry editor and and open registry editor on your windows computer.
Step 8: In registry editor navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList or simply copy and paste this path in the url bar of registry editor and hit enter.
Step 9: Double click on the ProfileList to Expand
Step 10: Now, select the profile S-1-xxxx and on right side double click on ProfileImagePath and you will see the username with location with previous name.
Step 11: Now, go ahead and change the name from here and rename it here as well.
Step 12: Now, you need to restart your windows 11 computer.
That;s it, once your windows 11 computer restarts then your user folder name and username of your windows user will be changed successfully.
1) How to Fix There Are No Startup Items to Display in Task Manager on windows 11 or 10 Computer
2) How to Change Login Screen Background in windows 10
3) How to Fix Error Copying File or Folder Access Is Denied
4) How to Delete Saved Passwords on Google Chrome Browser
5) How to Fix Windows PIN “Error Code: 0x80040154” In Windows 11 or 10
Change username in registry Editor location
If you want to change username and username folder name then open registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and you need to edit the username file location on registry editor.
Can’t change username folder or username on windows 11
You can easily change username and username folder name by just renaming and if you cant change username folder then you need to rename the folder in registry editor file as well and change it to the new username.
You need to have administrative privileges in order to change username folder name or username on your windows 11 or 10 computer.
Yes! You can change and you have to be administrator to change username folder and right click on user folder and rename it and change it in registry editor profilelist and rename it to same.
Go to C users folder and just rename the folder here and username will change and also change username in registry editor as well.