- Open device manager -> Right click on network drivers -> Properties -> Click on Advanced tab and select wake on magic packet and select value to enable.
- If your wake on lan is not working after enabling wake on lan feature then you need to update drivers and make sure your computer is not running in low power mode.
Wake on Lan (WOL) allows a computer to be powered on or awakened from standby, hibernate or shutdown from another device on a network and it is useful if you use or access your windows 11 or 10 computer remotely like Teamviewer, Anydesk etc while keeping your computer low power state inorder to save power consumption.
Wake on Lan is not enabled by default and you can easily enable wake on lan feature and disable wake on lan feature using network adaptor settings in device manager which helps to wake up computer remotely.
Enable Wake-On-LAN in Windows 11
Below steps will help you enable the wake on lan feature on your windows 11 computer.
- Click on windows search -> type in device manager and open device manager.
- Expand Network Adaptor section
- Right click on your network device and click on Properties.
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Scroll down and find the wake on Magic Packet and left click on it.
- On Right side under value -> Click on Drop down menu and select enable.
- Click on Ok and close open windows.
That’s it, this is how you enable wake on lan on your windows 11 computer.
How do I disable Wake-on-LAN?
- Open Control Panel
- Click on System
- Click on Disable.
That’s it, this is how you disable wake on lan feature on your windows 11 computer.
Why is my Wake-on-LAN not working?
If you computer is running in low power mode or if you are having issues with your network drivers and you need to try updating your network or uninstall and reinstall network drivers on your windows 10 or 11 computer.
No! Wake on LAN is not enabled by default and you need to go to device manager -> Right click on Network Drivers -> Properties -> Advanced -> Select wake on magic packet and enable wake on lan feature.
Yes! You can access the computer if it is in sleep mode or turned off.