- If you open any application in running in background and doesn’t close app then you factory reset option will be greyed out.
- To reset factory reset greyed out in Samsung smart tv -> you need to power reset soft reset by unplugging power cable and remove it and plug back again and factory reset Samsung smart tv.
On your Samsung smart tv if you are facing issues like apps not working or blank screen, reset networks, restarting on its own, Netflix stuck on loading or any other issues and when you are trying to factory reset Samsung smart tv and you suddenly see factory reset grayed out in Samsung smart tv or enable broadcasting grayed out option or disabled then you cant factory reset your Samsung smart tv, this is seen in most of the Samsung smart tv and this issue can be fixed easily by following few steps, lets see in details below.
VD - Disabled
How to Fix Factory Reset Grayed Out in Samsung Smart tv
Easy and quick fix is just close all the application running in background and make sure you are on TV mode on and no apps like Hulu, Netflix, amazon prime are not running in background.
Close All Applications Running in Background
Step 1: Grab you Remote and press exit and reach home screen.
Step 2: Now Go to Settings and tap on enter.
Step 3: Go to General
Step 4: Scroll down and see reset option will not be greyed out here anymore.
It’s a very frustrating situation like everything seems to be not working and when you are resetting your Samsung smart and reset option also greyed out or disabled, then it kind of very much frustrating. Close all apps running in background that’s it factory reset greyed option will not be seen. It works.
1) Why Does Netflix Keep Buffering on Samsung Smart TV
2) How to Fix Samsung smart tv buffering issues
3) How to Clear App Cache samsung smart tv and Clear All Data
4) How to Fix Samsung TV Home Button Not Working
5) How to Turn on Airplay on Samsung Smart tv Series 7, Series 6 Qled Samsung tv’s
Reasons why your Factory Reset Grayed Out in Samsung Smart tv?
If you have any apps running in the background on your Samsung smart tv, then factory reset greyed out will be seen and when any app running in background Samsung smart tv will not allow you to factory reset.
How to Reset Factory Reset Greyed out Samsung Smart tv
Step 1: Unplug power cable from Samsung smart tv and wait for 30 seconds.
Step 2: Now, plug back power cable and restart Samsung smart tv.
Step 3: Now, go to Settings -> Go to General
Step 4: Scroll down and Select Reset and enter 4 digit password and reset Samsung smart tv.
That’s it, this is how reset Samsung smart tv which is grayed out on Samsung tv.
Close smart hub, and exit all apps which are running in background.
If any apps are running in background Samsung smart tv reset option will be grayed out.