- Using your two fingers simply tap on trackpad and select new folder and name the folder.
- Using mouse -> Right click on blank area of desktop on MacBook M1 Pro or air and select new folder option.
On your MacBook M1 pro or Air it’s pretty easy to create a folder and store files on a particular folder that you create and if you want you can lock folders on MacBook M1 pro or Air easily and hide as well on MacBook M1 Pro or Air on MacOS Monterey easily. So, let’s see in detail below.
You can create a new folder on your M1 MacBook pro or air using mouse and using trackpad and name the folder which is newly created and organize folder on macbook M1 Pro or Air and use the shortcut key as well on the macbook keyboard.
Create New Folder on MacBook M1 Pro or Air
Below steps will help you create and store files on folder on macOS Monterey easily.
- On your MacBook M1 pro or air, place the two fingers on the trackpad and tap on it.
- Now, you will see an option New Folder and new folder will be crated with untitled.
- Now, go ahead and rename the new created folder and name it.
That’s it, this is how you create new folder on MacBook M1 pro or air easily by using trackpad.
Once you connect your macbook m1 pro or air, then you need to connect mouse to macbook pro or air first.
- Once you connect mouse to MacBook m1 pro or air then click in Apple logo on top menu
- Click on Preferences
- Click on Mouse option
- Click on Secondary Click and close settings.
- Now, go to the desktop on your MacBook M1 Pro or air and right click on the blank area using mouse.
- Now, click on new folder and new folder will be created and name the folder accordingly.
That;s it, this is how you create new folder on your M1 Macbook pro or air using mouse.
How to Move Files to New Created Folders on MacBook M1 Pro or Air
Once you create a new folder on M1 MacBook Pro or Air then you can easily move files to newly crated folder and orgainize them easily.
- Select the files that you want to move files to new folder created on your MacBook M1 Pro or Air.
- Simply Drag and release the files to the new folder and all selected files will be moved to new folder.
That’s it, this is how you move files to new created folder on M1 MacBook pro or air.
How to Create a New Folder on M1 MacBook Pro or Air shortcut
On your MacBook M1 Pro or Air Keyboard Press shift + Command + N where you want to create new folder on M1 MacBook.
Why can’t I create a new folder on my hard drive?
If you don’t have sufficient permissions to create folder on your MacBook M1 pro or air or the file location where you want to create folder is not allowed, then you cant create folder on macbook.
Open finder from the doc -> Navigate to the location where you want to create a folder and right click on the area and select the new folder to create a new folder.
Navigate to the area where you want to create a new folder or on MacBook desktop and press command + Shift + N and select new folder to create new folder on Macbook.
- Rajeshwari is Senior Content Writer, Author, and Also Senior Editorial Team Member at A Savvy Web and She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and (Master of Technology) Mtech from JNTU and is a real time expert. She writes about technology guides and troubleshooting guides (tips and Solutions) and helps users to solve issues easily. She has expertise in this area for more than 5+ years of experience and enthusiastic to provide troubleshooting tips and fixes and how to articles on Tech Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Smart tv and other tech related solutions and easy methods to fix.