- If your gmail is not working on an iPhone then double check IMAP is enabled or if IMAP is disable in your settings then gmail will not send or receive email on your iPhone and also perform a security check.
- Delete your account settings and re-add your gmail account on your iPhone and reset all settings to fix gmail not working issue on iPhone.
How to fix Gmail Not Working on iPhone or iPad
Solution 1 :- Check Your Internet Connection
First make sure that your internet connection is strong and speed. If you are using Cellular Data, switch to Wi-Fi. If you are using Wi-Fi switch to Cellular Data; and then check whether your Gmail is working or not.
Solution 2 :- Force Close Apps And Restart Your iPhone
Step 1: First, force close all the apps running in the background.
Step 2: Then restart your iPhone.
Step 3: To Restart your iPhone.
Step 4: Open the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down to “General” and tap it.
Step 5: Now, scroll down to “Shutdown” and tap it.
Step 6: Here drag the slide to power off the slider to turn off your iPhone and Wait for a few seconds and then turn on your iPhone.
Thats it, this is how you fix gmail account not working on iPhone.
Solution 3 :- Delete And Re-Add Your Gmail Account
Step 1: First open the Settings app on your iPhone
Step 2: Then scroll down to “Mail” and tap it.
Step 3: Here tap “Accounts“.
Step 4: After that select “Gmail“.
Step 5: Then tap “Delete Account“.
Step 6: Here select “Delete From My iPhone” to confirm.
Step 7: Then go back to Home Screen and force close apps.
Step 8: After that, re-add your Gmail account on your iPhone.
To Re-add your Gmail account,
- First launch Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then scroll down to “Mail” and tap it.
- Here tap “Accounts”.
- After that tap “Add Account“.
- Here select “Google”.
- Now enter your Mail ID and then tap “Next”.
- Then enter your Mail ID Password and then tap “Next”.
- After that, tap “Save” at the top right corner of the screen.
- Now Gmail should work fine on your iPhone.
Solution 4 :- Reset All Settings
Step 1: First, open Settings app on your iPhone
Step 2: Then scroll down to “General” and tap it.
Step 3: After that, Scroll down to “Reset” and tap it.
Step 4: Here select “Reset All Settings”.
Step 5: And enter your Passcode and Screen Time Passcode if prompted.
Step 6: Select “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
Step 7: Again select “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box to confirm.
Step 9: Wait until your iPhone restarts.
Step 10: Then connect your iPhone to the internet and check whether Gmail is working or not.
How to fix Gmail Account not working on iPhone?
If your gmail account is not working on iphone then you need to make sure that IMAP settings are turned on only and restart your iPhone and remove and add your gmail account.
Gmail Not working on iPhone after update?
If you have updated your iPhone and having trouble sending or receiving gmails then uninstall and reinstall gmail app and delete your gmail account from settings mail and add it again.