- To fix chrome ran out of Memory aw snap error -> Increase system settings – performance options to 1024.
- Clear site cookies and all data and clear browsing history and cache and uncheck proxy server lan settings and other methods here.
- Google Chrome Ran Out Of Memory Aw Snap Error
- Uncheck Proxy Server in LAN Settings
- Clear Cookies and Site Data and Browsing Data on Chrome Browser
- Ipconfig and flushdns and Reset winsock
- Why does Google Chrome keep saying not enough memory?
- How do I free up memory on Google Chrome?
- Why is my Chrome using up so much memory?
On you Google chrome browser if you are having issue with google chrome ran out of memory error – aw snap when browsing internet website on your google chrome browser and it happens too frequently or not enough memory on this page and this is not aw-snap error and its is ran out memory error on google chrome and you can fix this issue easily on windows computer. So, let’s see in detail below.
If you have opened too many chrome browser tabs on your google chrome or using chrome browser for a long time which is taking too much memory or if there are any chrome extensions which can cause this issue as well.
Google Chrome Ran Out Of Memory Aw Snap Error
Below chrome browser troubleshooting methods will help you fix google chrome ran out of error aw snap or google chrome browser crashing issue or any issue with chrome browser.
Step 1: In windows search -> type in advanced search system settings and open it.
Step 2: Click on Advanced tab
Step 3: Under Performance -> Click on Settings.
Step 4: You will see performance option -> Select Advanced tab.
Step 5: Under Virtual Memory -> Change the size of the disk here by clicking on Change button.
Step 6: Uncheck -> Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
Step 7: Now, select the radio button next to custom size and allocate the space in MB here.
Step 8: In Initial type 1024 MB and maximum size 1024 MB and click on Ok and open all open windows.
Step 9: Now, go ahead and restart your windows computer.
Once you change the settings in advanced option and performance settings then restart your windows computer and your issue of google chrome ran out of memory or aw-snap error will be fixed successfully and you will not get ran out of memory or aw snap error on google chrome.
Uncheck Proxy Server in LAN Settings
Step 1: Open control panel and click on Network options.
Step 2: Click on Internet options
Step 3: Click on Connections Tab -> Click on LAN Settings
Step 4: Under Proxy Server -> Uncheck the box next to -> User a Proxy server for your LAN.
Step 5: Click on OK and save changes.
Clear Cookies and Site Data and Browsing Data on Chrome Browser
Step 1: Open Google chrome and click on 3 dots on top right corner and select settings
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on Advanced option
Step 3: Click on Site Settings
Step 4: Click on Cookies -> Click on See All Cookies and Site data
Step 5: Click on Remove all on top right section and delete all site data and cookies on your chrome browser.
Step 6: Now, go back and select privacy and settings tab
Step 7: Tap on clear browsing data -> Click on Advanced tab
Step 8: Select time range to all time and tap on clear data.
Once you delete site cookies and all site data and clear cookies then your issue of chrome ran out of memory will be resolved successfully.
Ipconfig and flushdns and Reset winsock
Step 1: Open command prompt as administrator
Step 2: In cmd type in ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter
Step 3: Now, enter netsh winsock reset and hit enter and go ahead and restart your computer.
Once you reset winsock and restart your windows computer and your issue of chrome ran out of memory issue will be resolved successfully.
Why does Google Chrome keep saying not enough memory?
You need to disable and end tasks for unused applications on your windows computer and also close other tabs on google chrome which you are not using and they are just opened and taking too much ram of google chrome browser and clear cookies and site data and clear cookies and other methods to fix this issue.
How do I free up memory on Google Chrome?
To free up memory -> go ahead and delete unused cookies and site data and clear browsing history and disable extensions which are not in use and relaunch your chrome browser.
Why is my Chrome using up so much memory?
Plugins or extensions installed on your chrome browser or added to your chrome browser and too many chrome tabs are opened in background or it can be due to malware infected on your chrome browser.
Close Unused tabs and make sure you clear site cookies and clear browsing data and disable unwanted extensions.
Clear cookies and site data and clear browsing history and increase site performance to 1024 MB in advanced in system properties and shift from HDD to SDD if chrome is taking more than 1gb memory space.
- Rajeshwari is Senior Content Writer, Author, and Also Senior Editorial Team Member at A Savvy Web and She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and (Master of Technology) Mtech from JNTU and is a real time expert. She writes about technology guides and troubleshooting guides (tips and Solutions) and helps users to solve issues easily. She has expertise in this area for more than 5+ years of experience and enthusiastic to provide troubleshooting tips and fixes and how to articles on Tech Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Smart tv and other tech related solutions and easy methods to fix.