- Open settings -> WIndows Update -> Check for Updates and update windows to latest version.
- Disable antivirus installed on your windows computer or uninstall antivirus and Antivirus software will disable windows security grayed out on windows 11 or 10.
If you want to change windows security features or disable or turn off windows computer and sometimes you can experience issues with windows security greyed out problems and windows defender firewall can’t change some of your settings windows 11 or windows defender firewall threat service has stopped or windows defender update failed or any windows security firewall issues.
Many Windows 11 or 10 computer users experiencing this issue of windows security option greyed out or unable to open windows security option or windows defender service disabled greyed out server 2016 and can t change windows defender settings or realtime protection greyed out issue or cant access windows security services on windows 11 or 10 computer.
Windows Security Is Greyed Out
Below windows guide will help you fix windows security is greyed out problem easily and turn on or off windows security feature on windows 11 or 10 computer or unable to open windows security or greyed out issues.
If you are using any other antivirus software then you can experience this issue and you need to disable antivirus on your windows computer.
- Right click on Antivirus icon on your windows taskbar
- Click on Disable Antivirus and select time frame like disable antivirus for one hour or turn off antivirus after next reboot.
Once you disable antivirus on your windows computer then go ahead and go to windows security option and your problem windows security greyed out will be fixed.
Update Windows computer to Latest Version
- Right click on Start Button and Click on Settings
- Click on Windows Update on left side menu
- On the top right side corner -> click on check for updates and click on download and install windows update.
Once you update your windows computer to the latest version then your issue of windows security greyed out issue will be resolved.
Unable to open Windows Security Windows 10
If you are unable to open windows security options then this issue can be caused due to Antivirus software which is already installed on your computer and you need to disable it inorder to open windows security options.
Why can’t I change Windows Defender settings?
If you are running older version of windows 11 or 10 and a new update is available then you need to update windows to latest version and you need to disable antivirus software on your windows computer will fix the issue of windows security greyed out.
Disable Antivirus softwares installed on your computer and this will cause windows defender settings or exclusion greyed out on windows 11 or 10.
Update windows to latest version and disable antivirus software installed on your computer.