- To fix taskbar frozen or unresponsive on windows 10 or 11 -> You need to restart your windows explorer in task manager and restart your computer.
- Create a new user account using cmd and switch user and login to the new account.
- Run sfc scannow on windows 10 computer to fix taskbar frozen or unresponsive or taskbar not working on windows computer.
On your windows 10 or 11 computer if taskbar is frozen or unresponsive or taskbar is not loading or cant see taskbar or sometimes windows taskbar freezes randomly or its gets frozen on startup or icons not showing on taskbar, or taskbar has been disabled by administrator, then you can fix this issue by these simple methods, So, lets see in detail below.
Windows 10 taskbar gets frozen or becomes unresponsive due to corrupted files or an incomplete windows update or if your windows 10 update gets interrupted in middle and couldn’t install windows update or any third party apps may lead to taskbar not working or frozen on your windows 10 or 11 computer.
Fix Taskbar Frozen or Unresponsive on windows 10
Below windows 11 or 10 troubleshooting methods will help you fix taskbar not working on windows 10 or 11 issue.
Restart Windows Explorer
Step 1: On your windows keyboard press control + Shift + Escape and this will bring up windows task manager.
Step 2: Now, in task manager -> Locate windows explorer -> Select it and click on restart button on bottom of task manager.
Step 3: One you restart your windows explorer then you need to go ahead and restart your computer once.
Once you restart your computer, then your windows taskbar frozen or unresponsive on windows 10 will start working normally without any issue and your taskbar not working issue will be resolved successfully.
You Might Also Like
CMD Run SFC scannow
Step 1: In windows search -> Type in CMD and open cmd as administrator.
Step 2: Now, in cmd -> type in sfc /scannow and hit enter.
Step 3: Wait for the sfc scan to complete 100 percent.
Once your sfc scan completes on your windows computer then go ahead and restart your computer.
Create a New User Account and Switch User
Step 1: Click on search and type in control panel and open it.
Step 2: Now, click on user account -> Again click on User account.
Step 3: Now, open cmd and run as administrator.
Step 4: In elevated Command Prompt type in -> net user newusername /add and hit enter and a new user for your windows 10 or 11 will be created.
Step 5: Now, go to control panel user account settings and set a password and set administrator privileges for new account.
Step 6: Now, Press control+alt+delete on your keyboard and click on switch user.
Step 7: Login with your new user account and enter password and login.
Once you create a new user on windows 10 or 11 computer and login with other new use account your issue of taskbar frozen or unresponsive or not working taskbar on windows 10 or 11 computer will be fixed successfully.
- Lakshmi Durga is Senior Content Writer and Author and Also a Senior Editorial Team Member at A Savvy Web for More than 5 Years and She writes about technology related subject troubleshooting guides and helps users to solve issues.
- She has a Degree of Bachelor of Technology (Btech) from Kakatiya University and (Master of Technology) Mtech at Kakatiya University and JNTU university and is a real time Technology expert.
- She is a Real time Tech Expert and enthusiastic and has an Expertize in this technology area and writes specially on troubleshooting guides, solutions and tips and fixes and how to articles on Tech Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Smart tv and other tech related information.