- Open registry editor -> Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER ->Software -> Google folder and right click on Google folder and delete it and restart your windows computer.
- Delete Google folder from local apps data of your windows 11 or 10 computer and try installing google chrome using google chrome installer and disable antivirus software as well.
If you have downloaded chrome installer on your windows 11 computer and when you are trying to install chrome on your windows 11 computer if you are getting an error message chrome installer failed to start and unable to install chrome on your windows 11 or 10 computer then by following these easy solutions you can easy fix chrome installer failed to start error on chrome. So, let’s see in detail below.
Due to Google folder you will get to see this chrome installer failed error or if your windows 11 or 10 blocking chrome installer using antivirus or firewalls then you need to disable antivirus and try installing chrome on your windows 11 or 10 computer or experience issues with chrome like chrome error connection reset or google chrome download error or any other google chrome error when browsing internet using google chrome browser.
Fix Chrome Installer Failed to Start in Windows 11
Below chrome browser troubleshooting methods will help you fix chrome installer failed to start or chrome browser not installing on windows 11 or 10 computer.
Restart Your Windows Computer
First thing you need to try to fix chrome installer failed to start error when installing chrome, so go ahead and restart your windows computer and try to run chrome installer and check
Delete Google Folder From Registry
- Click on windows search and type in registry editor and open registry editor
- On left side expand -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Expand Software folder
- Find Google folder and right click on it and delete Google folder and confirm delete in pop up and click on yes.
- Once you delete google folder from here then you need to restart your computer
That;s it, once you delete google chrome folder from registry then go ahead and run google chrome installer and it will be installed successfully and google folder in registry will created automatically.
Cant Delete Google Folder From Registry
When you are trying to delete google folder and you are unable to delete it or getting an error while deleting google folder then follow these steps to delete google folder.
- Open registry editor and expand HKEY_CURRENT)_USER
- Expand Software and Right click on Google folder and Select Properties.
- Now, click on Advanced
- Click on Change on top
- Type everyone in the text field and click on check options and click on OK.
- Now, on Top check the box Replace owner or subcontainers and objects option.
- Also on Bottom, check the box next to Replace all child objects permission entries option.
- Click on Apply and click on YES in pop up box and click on ok and close all open windows.
- Now, Go Ahead and delete Google folder from Registry and you will be able to delete it successfully.
That’s it, this is how you delete google folder from registry editor if you are unable to delete google folder and it will be deleted and your issue of chrome not installing or unable to install chrome or getting error message when running chrome installer error failed to start in windows 11 will be resolved successfully.
Remove Google Folder from Local Apps
Sometimes due to google folder from local apps you will get to see failed to start in windows 11 or 10 computer error.
- Right Click on windows search and Select Run and run dialog box will open.
- In run box -> type %localappdata% and click on run or hit enter
- Now, go ahead and find Google folder and right click on google folder and delete google folder and wait for the folder to delete.
That;s it, once you delete google folder from LocalAppsData then go ahead and run google chrome installer and your issue of Google chrome installer failed to start in windows 11 or 10 computer will be fixed successfully.
How do I Fix Chrome installation failed?
You need to disable antivirus which is blocking google chrome installer and turn off windows defender firewall as well and delete chrome installer file and google folder from local apps and delete google folder from registry editor and run google chrome installer.
If you are unable to install google chrome on your windows 11 or 10 computer then you need to disable antivirus softwares and disable windows firewall which is blocking google chrome to install and delete google folder from registry editor and also from local apps folder.
If you are not connected to internet or something is blocking google chrome from installing on windows 11 or 10 computer or if google folder on your local apps data gets corrupted or damaged.
- Rajeshwari is Senior Content Writer, Author, and Also Senior Editorial Team Member at A Savvy Web and She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and (Master of Technology) Mtech from JNTU and is a real time expert. She writes about technology guides and troubleshooting guides (tips and Solutions) and helps users to solve issues easily. She has expertise in this area for more than 5+ years of experience and enthusiastic to provide troubleshooting tips and fixes and how to articles on Tech Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Smart tv and other tech related solutions and easy methods to fix.