- You need to flush dns and reset the winsock using command prompt and restart your windows computer.
- Reset your router or modem and update network drivers to latest version and change dns server address with google dns address.
On your windows 11 or 10 computer if you are having any DNS issues and having issues like dns probe issues and server ip address could not be found , dns server not responding or any other issues related to dns and unable to open few website or having network related issues on windows 11 computer can be fixed easily. So, lets see in detail below.
If you are having dns issues with DNS then you can change DNS and use google dns and solve the issue with DNS on windows computer like dns probe finished no internet, or server ip address could not be found issues.
Sometimes, due to dns issues when you browse the internet using chrome browser will not open or no internet on chrome issues like chrome err connection refused and you need to clear chrome dns to fix the issues.
Resolve DNS Issue on Windows 11
Windows 11 troubleshooting methods will help you fix issues with DNS on windows computer easily with these quick and simple solutions.
- Open Windows command prompt as administrator and click on yes in pop up window to make changes (user account control panel).
- In elevated command prompt -> type in ipconfig /flushdns and press enter and it will return successfully flush dns resolver cache.
- Now, type in -> netsh winsock reset and hit enter and this will reset winsock on your windows computer.
Once you flush dns and reset winsock on your windows 11 or 10 computer you need to restart your windows computer to make changes reflected and this will resolve dns issues on your windows 11 or 10 computer.
1) Fix DNS probe finished no internet in windows 10
2) Fix DNS Server Not Responding Windows 10
3) How to Fix Chrome Remote Desktop Not Connecting or Not Working on Windows
4) Server IP or DNS Address Could Not Be found in windows 10
5) How to Fix WIFi Icon Greyed Out in Windows 11 or 10
Restart or Reset Router or Modem
- Unplug power cable of router or modem connected to wall socket.
- Now, wait for 30 seconds and plug back router power cable
- Plug back power cable of router or modem and wait until router or modem gets connected and wait until you see all lights blinking on your router or modem.
- Now, go ahead and connect your windows computer to wifi and then check.
Most of the time, once you reset or restart your wifi or modem will fix all issues related to wifi internet on your windows computer and your dns issues on windows computer will be resolved.
- Open Control Panel -> Click on view by to category on left side
- Now, Click on Network and Internet and then click on Network and Sharing center.
- Click on your internet connection type and click on ethernet or wifi connection that you are connected to.
- Now, select Internet protocol version ipv6 and click on properties.
- Select the radio button -> use following dns server address and entry dns server ip address manually.
- In preferred dns server address -> Enter 220.127.116.11 and in Alternate DNS -> Enter 18.104.22.168 and click on ok and apply.
- Now, you need to restart your windows 11 or 10 computer.
That;s it, this is how you change dns server address and solve dns related issues on your windows computer.
Install Latest Network Drivers and Update Drivers
If you are having older version of Network drivers then go ahead and update your windows computer with latest network drivers by downloading latest drivers from intel manufacturer or your computer supported drivers and update network drivers.
How can I reset my DNS server on Windows 11 or 10
To reset DNS server on your windows computer then you need to open command prompt and enter -> ipconfig /flushdns and press enter and then netsh winsock reset and hit enter which will reset winscok and you can also flush dns and reest dns server on your windows 11 or 10 computer.
How do I check if my DNS is resolving?
To check if you dns server is resolving you need to open command prompt as administrator and enter ipconfig /all and check with ip address, subnet mask and with default gateway and check your dns server is resolving or not.
Open windows command prompt as administrator and enter -> ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter and then enter -> netsh winsock reset and hit enter and restart your windows computer and update windows network drivers and change DNS to google dns.
This means that your internet is not able to establish connection with your router or modem and error occurs when browsing internet and you need to restart your router or modem and reset dns and change dns to google dns and fix this dns issue on your windows computer.