- To hide show badges on show badges on taskbar icon on windows 11 computer -> You need to Right click on taskbar and select Taskbar Settings -> Click on Taskbar behavior and the uncheck the box next to show badges on taskbar apps.
- To enable show badges on windows 11 you need to check the box next to it and enable it to show badges on taskbar apps.
On your windows 11 computer if you want to show badges then you can show them on your taskbar and if you want to hide badges from taskbar then you can hide them and show badges and hide badges on your windows 11 computer when ever you like and with ease in settings also pin apps to taskbar and unpin from taskbar and remove news and interest widgets from taskbar and remove language bar. So, lets see in details below.
What are Show Badges on Windows 11
Show badges are nothing but it will let you know that some activity is happening with the app and it will let you know and indicate the icon like alert icon badge (unread messages) and will be highlighted which will be shown on your taskbar and it will grab your attention and will let you know the some activity is happening by show badges option on your windows 11 computer and you can also increase taskbar size as well.
How to Hide Show Badges on Taskbar Icons Windows 11
Below methods will help you hide show badges on your windows 11 computer easily and get rid of show badges and hide them from showing in taskbar on windows 11 computer.
Step 1: Right Click on blank area of your taskbar and select taskbar Settings.
Step 2: On right side scroll down and go to taskbar behaviors and click on it.
Step 3: Now, scroll down and uncheck the box next to Show badges (unread Messages counter) on the taskbar apps.
Step 4: Now, go ahead and close taskbar settings.
That’s it, once you change these taskbar settings and uncheck show badges on taskbar option then you wont be able to see or windows 11 will no longer show badges on your taskbar.
You Might Also Like
How to Enable or Show Badges on Windows 11
Step 1: Click on start menu and click on settings option.
Step 2: Now, click on personalization
Step 3: Now, select taskbar settings.
Step 4: Now, scroll down to taskbar behaviors and click on it
Step 5: Now, check the box next to show badges (unread messages counter) on taskbar apps and close taskbar settings.
That’s it, this how you show show badges on windows 11 and enable or show badges on windows 11 taskbar settings and also fix issues like taskbar frozen or unresponsive or not responding issues as well
Show Badges on Taskbar Buttons Greyed out
If you want to enable show badges on taskbar and when you try to check the box next to show badge taskbar buttons is greyed out then this means you are using other taskbar option enable or checked in taskbar settings and also fix issues like taskbar has been disabled by administrator error as well.
For example if you enable “Use small taskbar buttons” option enable then show badge on taskbar option will be greyed out and will be disable and in-order to show badges then first you need to disable Use small taskbar buttons option and then check the check box next to show badges and enable it in taskbar settings.
- Divya is Content Writer and Author and also Reviews Technology Related Articles and Editorial Expert Team Member at A Savvy Web for more than 5 years.
- She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and Master of Technology (Mtech) From Kakatiya University.
- She has an Expertise in Providing Troubleshooting tips and fixes (solutions) and how to articles and helps to solve issues on Technology Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Windows, All Smart tv’s and other tech related information.