- Remove and insert power cable insert and make sure there is no loose power cables
- Press and hold home button and menu button simultaneously and force restart apple tv 4k.
- Change power cables and replace hdmi cable and change hdmi port and contact apple tv support.
When you turn on Apple tv 4k and its not turning on and there is no light or blinking light on apple tv 4k then there is likely an issue with power cable or HDMI cable corrupted or damaged or if you have updated apple tv 4k to latest version of Apple Tv OS then you can try these simple methods to fix apple tv not turning on no light issue easily and get back apple tv 4k working easily. So, let’s see in detail below.
Apple TV Not Turning on No Light
Below apple tv 4k troubleshooting guide will help you fix apple tv not turning on or not working issue easily.
Force Restart Apple tv 4k
- Grab your apple tv remote and press the menu button and home button simultaneously and wait until your apple tv turns on.
- Once you see your apple tv turns on and power up then release the keys and wait for your apple tv to restart.
Once you force restart apple tv 4k, then if there are any software related issue then those issues will get resolved and apple tv not turning on no light issue will be resolved.
Change Power Cable
If there is any issue with power cable or if power cable gets damaged or gets faulty then this will be the culprit that causes apple tv 4k black screen and no light issue.
- Grab your apple tv 4k and remove power cable from it
- Now, replace the power cable with another new power cable or other power cable that supports with Apple tv 4k if you have any.
- Now, go ahead and turn on your apple tv 4k and apple tv 4k will turn on.
Changing power cable will help resolving apple tv 4k issues as if there is no power source this can lead to apple tv 4k screen to go blank and no signal or no light issue.
Change HDMI Cable Port
- Remove hdmi cable from apple tv 4k and plug it to another hdmi cable port.
- Now, go ahead and turn on your apple tv 4k and select the source hdmi port that you have inserted.
- Your apple tv 4k will turn on instantly if there is an issue with the hdmi port.
Changing hdmi cable port to another will help fixing the issue of apple tv 4k black screen.
Change hdmi cable
- If changing hdmi port doesn’t work, then you need to change hdmi cable as well.
- Remove hdmi cable wire and connect apple tv 4k with new hdmi cable to hdmi port on apple tv 4k.
- Now, grab your apple tv remote and turn on and your apple tv 4k will turn on without any issue.
That’s it, once you change hdmi cable on apple tv 4k then your issue of apple tv 4k not working or not turning on with no light or blinking light or any issue with apple tv blank or black screen will be resolved.
Hardware Related Issues
If there are hardware related issues, then changing hdmi cable or changing hdmi port or replacing cables doesnt work and apple tv 4k will not turn on and you need to contact apple tv support.
Apple tv Support
If none of the above solutions work, then you need to contact apple tv support and then will be able to repair hardware related issues on your apple tv and fix apple tv black screen or blank screen with no light issue.
Why Apple tv 4k Not Turning ON
If there is an issue with hdmi cable or power cables and having issue with power supply or any hardware related issues then your apple tv 4k will not turn on and you need to replace power cable and plug in hdmi cable to different hdmi port and replace hdmi cables and power up apple tv 4k and if nothing works then contact apple tv support.
Remove hdmi cable from both ends and plug back properly and change hdmi port and update firmware to latest version by downloading and installing latest firmware update to usb and update apple tv 4k.
Force restart apple tv 4k and replace hdmi power cable and power cable and manually start by unplugging power cable and changing hdmi port.