- To fix alexa not working on fire tv stick -> make sure your alexa is linked to fire tv and use the same amazon account.
- Quick fix: power reset amazon fire tv stick and restart it and again connect alexa to fire tv stick.
Amazon Alexa fire TV comes with voice control features and for some of the users the process of linking fire TV to Alexa app is not a straightforward one due to this it does not show the fire TV in app and it will not work and face issues with alexa.
How to Fix Alexa Not Working on Fire Tv Stick
Follow below steps to fix alexa not working issue on fire tv stick
Step 1: Go ahead and unplug fire tv stick power cable and wait for 30 seconds
Step 2: After 30 seconds go ahead and plug power cable back to fire tv stick wall socket.
Step 3: Now, turn on your fire tv stick and connect alexa again and check your alexa will be working fine now.
If not go ahead and follow other methods to fix alexa not working on fire tv stick.
Also Read: 1) How to Fix Alexa Not Playing Spotify Music
Link Alexa fire TV and Alexa app properly
The following are the steps which link fire TV to Alexa and while verifying fire TV it will not harm your Alexa.
Step 1: Switch on your TV along with fire TV plugged in. If you are using Fire TV for the first time then set it up by connecting wifi. In case, if you have already setup, then it will automatically connect to your wifi network.
Step 2: On your smartphone open the Alexa app. click on three dot icons and go for settings.
Step 3: Click on the options of video and TV followed by fire TV then your Fire TV name will appear and click on it to link them.
Turn ON and OFF (Restart)
If you have followed the correct steps and still your fire TV is not showing in the app then it’s time to restart.
Step 1: Start rebooting your phone and fire TV. If nothing works, then you need to restart your router also.
Step 2: Press and hold the select and play button on fire TV remote in order to restart fire TV without unplugging it.
Use Amazon Account
Fire TV and Alexa app need to be on the same internet connection to link successfully and same Amazon account. If your Amazon account is running on one account and Alexa is running on another account then fire TV will not work in Alexa. So, have to use the same account.
Keep Alexa app and Fire TV on same time zone:
If Alexa not working on fire TV means the time zone of there are running in different zones. So, you have to maintain the same time zone. In order to change the time zone of the app follow below steps.
Step 1: Open the app, click on devices button at bottom. Then click on echo and Alexa.
Step 2: Now, Tap on “Alexa on this phone” option then followed by Time zone and set according to fire TV.
On fire TV
- Go for settings on your fire TV and scroll to right, click on preferences.
- In that preferences, choose Time zone. Keep it same as that of Alexa app.
Update Alexa app and fire TV
Sometimes running apps on old software version it may not able to detect any other apps. So, we will suggest to check the updates usually for Alexa app. In case if any update available update and install it.
- For fire TV, go for settings followed by my fire TV. Then you need to select About and click on “check for system update” option.
Unlink and Relink fire TV
If you have already linked fire TV with Alexa and it not working properly then you should unlink it from the TV and then connect them again.
- Open Alexa app and go for settings from side bar.
- Click on TV and video followed by fire TV. Now, hit on manage devices.
- On next screen, click on “unlink devices” After successful unlinked, now you have to link them back.
That’s it, by following above solutions you can successfully fix alexa not working on amazon fire tv stick or alexa not responding to voice commands or any other issues on firetv stick.
- Divya is Content Writer and Author and also Reviews Technology Related Articles and Editorial Expert Team Member at A Savvy Web for more than 5 years.
- She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and Master of Technology (Mtech) From Kakatiya University.
- She has an Expertise in Providing Troubleshooting tips and fixes (solutions) and how to articles and helps to solve issues on Technology Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Windows, All Smart tv’s and other tech related information.