On your macbook there are often issues like blank screen or any other issues then you need to reset smc, nvram or pram and restart mac in safe mode to fix issues on your macbook pro, macbook air, mac mini or any older versions of macbook resetting SMC, NVRAM will fix issues on your mac.
How to reset NVRAM or PRAM
How to SMC
Restart Mac in Safe mode.
How to Reset NVRAM
- Shut down the Mac
- Power on the Mac and immediately press and hold option + command + P + R until the second start up sound appears on the screen.
- Press the power button and immediately press the option + command + R .
- Now, release the keys until you will hear the second start up sound on Mac.
- Now, NVRAM Reset normally.
Restart your mac in safe mode
- Shut down your Mac .
- Force to shutdown .
- Power on your mac.
- Immediately press and hold the “ shift” key until the Apple logo appears on the screen .
Note : if you have any issues on your Mac, then the screen will be appears in “ blue colour”.
When to Reset PRAM or NVRAM
If your trackpad is not working when you touch, battery is draining fast, unable to connect to wifi, slow booting on mac, screen flickering issues on mac, macbook turns on slow or taking too much time to start, macbook stuck on apple logo or any other issues on your macbook.
How to Reset SMC
- Open the mac menu.
- Then select shut down.
- Wait for 15 – 20 seconds and plug the power adapter again to the Mac.
- Press abd hold the shift + control + option + power button at a same time until the little light blinks on the Mac was that indicates that the SMC has reset .
Does Reset SMC, NVRAM or PRAM delete data?
No! When you reset SMC, NVRAM or PRAM doesn’t delete any data from your macbook resetting smc, nvram or pram will increase your macbook performance and fix issues on your mac and there is nothing to do with data deletion.