- To enable hdmi cec eArc on Samsung smart tv first you need to enable hdmi cec Anynet+ and then turn on hdmi cec in expert settings on samsung smart tv.
- To enable anynet+ hdmi cec on Samsung tv -> Press home button -> Settings -> General -> External Device manager -> turn on Anynet+ hdmi cec.
- To enable hdmi cec on samsung tv -> Go to settings -> Sound -> Expert Settings -> Turn on HDMI eARC Mode from here.
On your samsung smart tv if you want to enable hdmi cec ark settings (anynet+) which allows to control external devices connected via anynet+ + hdmi cec with remote and you can use your samsung tv remote and control hdmi cec. So, let’s see them in detail below.
In order to use hdmi cec or anynet+ + features frist you need to complete the setup process and enable this feature on your samsung smart tv and its pretty simple and straightforward and pretty easy and control your hdmi cec with remote control on samsung Smart tv.
Enable hdmi cec on Samsung Smart tv Anynet Plus
Below steps will help you enable hdmi cec ark setting – anynet + and control your connected devices using remote.
Turn on Anynet+ HDMI CEC on Samsung Smart tv
Step 1: Press the home button on your Samsung smart TV remote.
Step 2: Click on the left button on your samsung tv remote and go to settings (gear icon) and click on it.
Step 3: Now, scroll down to General -> Move right here -> Scroll down to External Device manger and click on it.
Step 4: Now, in here -> you will see anynet + (HDMI CEC).
Step 5: Highlight Anynet + (hdmi cec) option here and press ok button or middle button and turn on hdmi cec anynet + on samsung tv.
That’s it, this is how you turn on hdmi cec (anynet+) on samsung smart tv and start using tv remote to control external device and listen to TV Sound through a soundbar or receiver which is connected to your hdmi arc or eARC.
Once you turn on these anynet+ + hdmi cec then you need to go to expert settings and turn on hdmi cec options on your Samsung smart tv.
You Might Also Like
Turn on HDMI eArc Mode on Samsung Smart tv
Step 6: Now, Press home button on your remote and go to settings.
Step 7: Now, go to sound options
Step 8: Go to Expert Settings
Step 9: Highlight HDMI – eArc Mode and click on it and turn ON hdmi eARC mode on samsung smart tv.
That’s it, this is how you turn on hdmi eARC mode on samsung smart tv.
HDMI – eARC mode is greyed Out on Samsung Smart tv
If you are trying to enable hdmi eArc mode on samsung smart tv and you notice that this option hdmi eArc setting is greyed out and unable to turn on then first you need to enable and turn on Anynet+ hdmi cec first and then go to expert settings and turn on hdmi – eARC mode on your samsung tv.
If you don’t turn on anynet+ hdmi cec first then you wil see hdmi cec option greyed out on your samsung tv.
- Divya is Content Writer and Author and also Reviews Technology Related Articles and Editorial Expert Team Member at A Savvy Web for more than 5 years.
- She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and Master of Technology (Mtech) From Kakatiya University.
- She has an Expertise in Providing Troubleshooting tips and fixes (solutions) and how to articles and helps to solve issues on Technology Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Windows, All Smart tv’s and other tech related information.