- To fix system preference not opening on MacBook or can’t load or not opening -> then force quit system preferences app and restart your MacBook.
- Turn off screen time on MacBook and uninstall third party apps on your MacBook – antivirus or any other apps installed outside the app store.
- Restart your macBook in safe mode and set up a new user account and fix system preferences not opening or not working on MacBook.
- Fix System Preferences Not Opening on MacBook or Not Opening
- Force Quit System Preferences on MacBook
- Restart Your MacBook
- Turn off Screen Time
- Uninstall Third party Apps
- Sign Out and Sign in Apple ID on MacBook
- Restart your MacBook in Safe Mode
- Setup New Login User Account
On your macbook if you are trying to open system preferences and you notice that system preference is not opening on mac or system preferences or system preferences is busy and can’t be closed or system preference won’t load and cant open system preferences on your MacBook and you can fix this issue on your own. So, let’s see in details below.
You can reset system preferences on your mac and get rid of this issue of system preference and get back your system preferences not working or cant open system preferences and also get and error like some updates could not be installed because system preferences interrupted restart.
VD - Disabled
Fix System Preferences Not Opening on MacBook or Not Opening
Below mac troubleshooting methods will help you fix system preference not working or not opening on Macbook monterey or macbook bigsur or catalina macOS.
Force Quit System Preferences on MacBook
Step 1: Click on the apple logo on the top left corner.
Step 2: Select force quit -> Select System Preferences.
Step 3: Now, select force quit in pop up menu and confirm force quit.
Once you force quit system preference on your macbook then go ahead and open system preference and your issue of system preferences not opening on MacBook or Not opening or won’t load issue will be fixed successfully.
Restart Your MacBook
Step 1: On top menu -> Click on Apple logo and select restart.
Step 2: Select restart in the pop up menu and confirm.
Step 3: Wait for your MacBook to restart on its own.
Once your MacBook restarts then your issue of system preferences not opening will be resolved.
You May Also Like
1) Fix M1 Macbook Pro/Air Keeps Restarting itself Randomly After macOS Monterey Update
2) How to Increase text Size or Icon Size on MacBook Pro or Air
3) Solved: M1 macBook Pro or Air Not Booting or Stuck in Boot Loop
4) Fix M1 Macbook Pro/Air Keeps Restarting itself Randomly After macOS Monterey Update
5) How to Enable or Setup Right click on MacBook m1 pro and fix Click Not Working
Turn off Screen Time
Sometimes there may be an issue with screen time as well, so go ahead and turn off screen time and check whether system preference is working or not.
Uninstall Third party Apps
If you have installed third party apps on your MacBook then there may be conflit happening and you need to uninstall third party apps on your macbook and check whether your system preferences is working after uninstalling third party apps.
Sign Out and Sign in Apple ID on MacBook
Step 1: Sign out of your apple id on your macbook.
Step 2: Now, wait for sometimes
Step 3: Sign back to your apple id with your login credentials and check whether your system preferences are working on your mac or not.
Restart your MacBook in Safe Mode
You need to restart your macbook in safe mode and then check whether your system preferences are working or not. Most of the time if you are having any issues with your mac not only the system preferences but any other errors on your mac then restraining your mac in safe mode will be fixed and get rid of system preferences on your macbook.
For Apple Silicon to Restart your MacBook
Step 1: Shutdown your macbook using apple menu
Step 2: Press and hold the power button until you see startup options.
Step 3: Now, choose your startup disc -> Hold shift key and click on continue in safe mode.
Step 4: Now, login to your details and login to your MacBook.
For Intel Processor
Step 1: Turn on your macbook and press and hold shift key while macbook starts.
Step 2: Release the key until you see login window and login with your login credentials
Step 3: Select the safe book option on the upper right corner.
Setup New Login User Account
You need to create a new user account on your mac with administrator privileges and check whether your system preference is working or not or cant load issue will be fixed successfully.