- Remove batteries and insert new batteries and check westinghouse smart tv remote is working or not and reset your remote.
- Clean the remote if there are any dust particles stuck inside should go away and if not replace the remote with a new one.
If your TV remote is not responding to your Westinghouse TV or unable to change channels using TV Remote that means your TV remote batteries are low or quality is not good or the Westinghouse TV remote is damaged.. And check that you are pointing the remote to TV because there may be some interfering objects or things like some other electronic gadgets, type of lighting that may block TV remote sensors.
These remote control devices of westing house can be programmed to operate hundred of components from DVD players to TV. So, if you find that your Westinghouse remote programme is error then you can reset your control to factory reset for component type or you can clear all programming devices. If you clear all programming your remote control , then you can reprogram the device for your existing components.
WestingHouse Smart tv Remote Not Working
Follow these below methods and use remote code to troubleshoot westinghouse smart tv remote issues.
Reset All Codes
Step 1: Remove the battery cover which is at the back of your remote control.
Step 2: Then remove batteries from the remote.
Step 3: Now, press the component button and hold for few minutes to drain remaining power from the device. Allow the device to reset it for one or two minutes.
Step 4: After that replace the batteries back to remote control. Then your remote control is reset and ready to reprogramme for your component.
Change Basic Requirements of Batteries
Step 1: Change the batteries with high quality.
Step 2: Reset your TV by plugging the TV power cord from wall outlet.
Step 3: After that wait for five minutes and plug power cord back to socket.
Step 4: Now, check if your remote is working with TV.
Also Read: 1) How to reset network connections in Westinghouse Roku tv
Reset TV Remote Control
Sometimes the TV remote will lock up and not respond to your input when you press power button or any other button and cause westinghouse smart tv remote not to work when you press buttons. Simply remove the batteries to reset TV remote controls. First, Remove both the batteries to perform a reset. After replacing the battery, try pointing your TV and press the power button.
Reset Your Westinghouse Smart TV
Turn on your TV by turning off and will reset issues that might cause the remote to not work properly. Test to see if you can turn the TV back on and check the issue is resolved. If TV remote does not turn on then press the power button on TV itself to turn it back on TV . Again try testing the TV remote by clicking volume buttons.
Make sure the recently installed batteries are not weak or dead. Always use the same brand and type of batteries for higher performance or any dust particles stuck inside your remote.
- Divya is Content Writer and Author and also Reviews Technology Related Articles and Editorial Expert Team Member at A Savvy Web for more than 5 years.
- She has a Degree in Bachelor of Technology (Btech) and Master of Technology (Mtech) From Kakatiya University.
- She has an Expertise in Providing Troubleshooting tips and fixes (solutions) and how to articles and helps to solve issues on Technology Related subjects like iPhone, Android, iOS, Windows, All Smart tv’s and other tech related information.