- Make sure you are connected to the internet and having stable internet connection while updating the Apple watch to Apple watchOS 9.
- Charge the apple watch to more that 50 percentage and try updating apple watch to appel watchOS9.
- Check for apple watch storage and free up storage on apple watch by uninstall unnecessary apps and update apple watch using iPhone.
When you are trying to update Apple watch and apple watchOS 9 is not getting updated or wont update to latest version or watchOS9 update stuck or cant delete apps from apple watch any other apple watch update issue like stuck on checking for update screen issue can be fixed easily by following these simple solutions. So, lets see in detail below.
If you are updating watchOS9 apple watch then first thing you need to make sure is that you are connected to the internet and also having enough storage space.
VI - Enabled
WatchOS 9 Apple Watch Won’t Update
Below Apple watch troubleshooting methods will fix WatchOS 9 Apple Watch Won’t Update or not updating to latest version issues.
Connect to Internet
- Grab your apple watch and press crown button
- Now, Go to Settings on apple watch
- Tap on WIFI and make sure that you are connected to wifi internet and if you are not connected to wifi then toggle the button next to wifi and connect it to your wifi internet.
Charge Apple Watch
If you are having less than 50 percentage of battery on your apple watch then apple watch wont update to watchOS 9 and you need to have more than 50 percent of battery.
- Open settings on Apple Watch
- Swipe down and tap on Battery
- Now, check your battery percentage and charge your apple watch 100 percent and then try to upgrade your apple watch to watchOS 9 or later.
If you are connected to internet and your battery percentage is more than 50 percent then go ahead and update your apple watch to watchOS9 and your apple watch will update without any issue.
1) How to Fix Text Messages Going To Apple Watch But Not To iPhone
2) How to Fix Not Getting Notifications on Apple Watch
3) How to Disconnect and Unpair Apple Watch from iPhone
4) How to Update Apple Watch 7 Series With iPhone and Using Watch
5) How to Fix Apple Watch Time not Updating in Always ON Mode
If you are having less storage on your apple watch then apple watch wont update unless you delete and free up storage space on apple watch.
- On Apple watch Go to settings
- Swipe down and tap on General
- Scroll down and find the storage option and tap on it.
- If you are not having enough storage space then go ahead and uninstall apps and delete unwanted data and free up storage space up to 5 gb.
Once you free up storage space on apple watch then go to settings and check for updates and update your apple watch to watchOS9.
Use iPhone to Update Apple Watch
If you are still having issues then you need to update your apple watch using iphone.
- Grab your iphone and open watch application
- Scroll down and tap on General
- Tap on Software Update
- Wait for the iphone to check for any latest watchOS 9 update and then update your apple watch using iphone.
If you are using an iphone to update your apple watchOS9 then make sure that your iphone has enough charging and update apple watchOS9 and it will update successfully.
Why Apple Watch is Not Updating to WatchOS9
If you are not having enough storage space on your apple watch then apple watchOS9 wont update or if you are having battery issues like less than 50 percent of battery on appel watch then it wont update or not having stable internet connection.
Apple watch won’t update not enough space
Remove or delete and unused apps from your apple watch and remove unsed music or synced apps to apple watch and free up storage space and update apple watch to apple watchOS9.
How do I delete apps from my Apple Watch to free up space?
Press digital crown button and then press and hold the app that you want to uninstall and then tap on Edit app (x) icon and remove and delete apps from apple watch.
Apple Watch Won’t Update No Internet
If you are not connected to internet or having disconnecting issue with your wifi connection this issue can happen when you update appel watch and you need to Enable and disable airplane mode and then try updating apple watch to watchOS9.
Sometimes it takes 10 to 15 minutes and if you are seeing longer time then there is an issue and delete unwanted apps and update apple watch again and connect to internet with high speed and stable wifi connection.
No! Apple watch 3 is not supported to install apple watchOS 9.