- If your iPhone is not charging and getting error message charging on hold following message then you need to turn off optimized battery charging and check.
- Turn on low power mode and restart your iPhone and charge your iPhone.
When you are trying to charge your iphone and getting an error message on your iPhone lock screen “Charging on Hold Charging will Resume when iPhone returns to Normal Temperature iOS 16” after you have update to iOS 16 or using any iOS version on iPhone 14, 13, 12, 11, x ,xr or any iPhone then you can easily fix this issue. So, let’s see in detail below.
Many iPhone users are reporting this error of Charging on Hold Charging will Resume when iPhone returns to Normal Temperature iOS 16 suddenly and thy are unable to charge and this can happen due to overheating and iPhone charging is on hold until iPhone gets cool down and their iPhone is on normal temperature only and not overheated.
Charging on Hold Charging will Resume when iPhone returns to Normal Temperature iOS 16
Below iPhone iOS 16 troubleshooting guide will help you fix the charging on hold message on iPhone iOS 16 lock screen.
Turn off Optimized Battery Charging
- Open Settings on iPhone
- Tap on Battery Option.
- Tap on Battery Health
- Scroll down and turn off optimized battery charging by toggling the button next to it.
- Tap on Turn off in the pop up box.
Once you turn off optimized battery charging then go ahead and charge your iphone and your issue of Charging on Hold Charging will Resume when iPhone returns to Normal Temperature issue will be resolved.
Turn ON Low Power Mode
- Open settings
- Scroll down to the battery and tap on it.
- Turn on low power mode by toggling the button next to it.
- Now, connect your iphone to power source and charge your iphone.
Ine you turn off low power mode your iPhone iOS 16 chagrin should be working fine and issue of charging on hold charging will resume and issue on lock screen will be resolved.
Restart your iPhone
Sometimes, by just simply restarting your iphone any issue on iPhone iOS 16 will be resolved and Open settings -> Tap on General -> Tap on Shutdown and slide to power off and then wait for your iphone to shut down completely and then wait for few seconds and turn on your iphone.
Wait for Sometime and Charge
You need to wait for sometime and charge your iphone and then check, your iphone iOS 16 not charging issue will be resolved.
Why won t my iPhone Hold a charge?
iPhone wont charge if you’re charging on hold because if the iphone device port might get dirty or charging ports get damaged or an iOS 16 software or hardware related issue and your iphone gets overheated then this issue can happen.
iPhone charging automatically gets dropped or stop charging after it reached to 100 percent.
Yes! If your iphone gets overheated then iphone doesn’t charge and you need to wait until your iphone cool down.
- Swathi is Content Writer, Author Editorial Team Member at A Savvy Web and She writes about technology troubleshooting guides and helps users to solve issues easily. She has expertise in this area for more than 2+ years of experience.
- She completed her Post Graduation and has an interest in Computers, Windows, Mac, Android, iPhone, Smart tv.