The XAMPP installation file included on the is suitable for Windows operating systems for all windows operating systems, windows 7, windows 10. Earlier versions of Windows are not supported. To use the XAMPP installation file on your PC; the .exe files should be present on your computer to get the .exe file of XAMPP you can download it for free by visiting the following link and navigate to the directory containing the XAMPP installer files. If you have downloaded the latest version from https://www.apachefriends.org/download.html, double-click the file to launch the wizard-based installer program and follow the screen installation instructions.
How to Install XAMPP on Windows 10:
After downloading the .exe file from the apachefriends website which is an open source website. Click on the following .exe file and run the application by following below steps.
- First download xampp from official website of apache.
- You will be first asked to select your language, English is the default selection. After selecting your language and clicking the OK button, you will see the welcome screen of the installer program.
- Click the Next button to continue the installation process. As with most wizard-like installations, you are asked to select an installation location and some installation options before moving to the next step. The XAMPP installation is very simple and you should leave the default installation location or you should select the other drive and change the location of your installation drive and the default installation options as marked and click the Next button to move on past each screen. At this point, the installation process itself happens.
- When the installation process finishes, the installer alerts you to this status, click the Finish button to complete the installation.
- Before the XAMPP installation process completely closes, it asks whether you want to start the Control Panel for managing the installed services.
- The XAMPP Control Panel provides you with one-click access to starting and stopping the Apache and MySQL server processes running on your machine. If you are running these server processes on your local machine for development purposes only, you might want to turn them on only when you need them and the Control Panel allows quick access to do just that and its very handy.
How to test Install XAMPP on Windows 10 is Successful or Not:
All times XAMPP installation will be successful but there will be some problems when you start the XAMPP server and XAMPP port may not be running for few of the reasons and the main problem is with the port of Apache and the reason is the default apache port will be 80 and by default skype will also be using default port as 80 and here two ports are running XAMPP will not be running and facing issues in running apache.
After installation of XAMPP on windows to test whether the web server is running, open a web browser and enter http://localhost/xampp/xampp.php. The menu for the XAMPP service should display and welcome to XAMPP for windows will be displayed and displaying message on screen as “Congratulations… You have successfully installed XAMPP on this system”.
Install XAMPP on windows have been completed:
You are all done, XAMPP has installed Apache, PHP, and MySQL on your machine, and you can see the status of services and you can read more information about it through the links in the left column when viewing http://localhost/xampp (OR with your ip 127.0.0.1). Be sure to read “Securing XAMPP” at the end of this chapter for more information about locking down your XAMPP-powered machine (even if it is only for development).
yes! You can install but you have to change the folder path of second installation of xampp and change the port as well.
By default xampp is located to c drive xampp/htdocs folder all xampp files will be under htdocs all your development will be under htdocs folder.
Go to your localhost and type phpmyadmin at end of localhost for example like this localhost/phpmyadmin.