- How to fix Bellsouth Email not woking on iPhone
- Solution 3 :- Reset Network Settings
- Solution 4 :- Force Restart Your IPhone
Many iPhone users have been reporting that their iPhone keeps saying Cannot Get Mail No Password Provided for Bellsouth even though they entered a password dozens of times. In this troubleshoot, we will see how to fix this issue.
Make sure that your iPhone is connected to Internet Connection or wifi issues on iphone. If not, connect it and enter a password again.
How to fix Bellsouth Email not woking on iPhone
Solution 1 :- Turn Off And Turn On Your IPhone
If you enter a password too many times, still it shows this notification then restart your iPhone and enter a password.
Step 1: To do this, open Settings app.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on General.
Step 3: Next tap on Shut Down at bottom.
Step 4: Now turn off your iPhone by dragging the Slide to Power Off Slider to right side. Then wait for 30 seconds and turn it on back by pressing the Power button until you see the Apple logo.
Solution 2 :- Delete The Mail Account And Re-add It
Step 1: First go to Settings app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Scroll down to find Mail and tap it.
Step 3: Now tap on Account.
Step 4: Here select the Bellsouth mail account that shows the notification.
Step 5: Tap on Delete Account.
Step 6: Then it will be prompted to confirm this action. Tap Delete from My iPhone to confirm. Once you deleted, restart your iPhone.
Step 7: To re-add your Mail account, tap on Add Account under Accounts.
Step 8: Here select your account type. Then follow the instructions to add it.
Also Read: 1) How to Fix Video Option Disappeared on iPhone Camera App
Solution 3 :- Reset Network Settings
This process resets your Wi-Fi Network and Passwords, APN & VPN Settings and Cellular Settings. Make sure that you remember your all Wi-Fi passwords.
- To to Settings app on your iPhone.
- Find and tap General.
- Now scroll down and tap Reset.
- Now Reset Network Settings.
- Next enter your iPhone’s Passcode.
- In the pop-up window, tap Reset Network Settings to confirm this process.
Solution 4 :- Force Restart Your IPhone
For iPhone 8, 10, 11 & 12 Series and iPhone SE 2nd Generation:
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
- Next quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Finally press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus:
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and Volume Down button at the same time until the Apple Logo appears.
For iPhone 6s Plus and Earlier Models:
Press and hold the Home button and Side button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.
Solution 5 :- Update iOS Software and Check For Software Update
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to WiFi.
- To check the update availability, open Settings app.
- Find and tap on General.
- Next tap on software Update.
- If you have iOS 14.5.1 update available, tap Download and Install.
If you have updated iOS software to the latest version iOS 14.5.1 and facing issue on your iPhone like slow or laggy or even apps not responding on iOS or any other iPhone issue then check this article.